Saturday, 4 April 2009

Goodbye

So this is it, last entry. I'm sitting in the same chair in London I was almost two years ago when I wrote the first entry on this Blog. Since then I've spent time in: Japan, Australia, USA, Mexico, India, Hong Kong, Macau, Canada, Bermuda and Barbados as well as watching too many concerts and sports events to try and even start to list.

If you've been following my travels for a while then you'll know that the majority of my time was in either Japan or New York. If you want to read my summary of Tokyo then you'll find that here.

As far as New York goes, well I'll miss a few things:
- the beer (no, not the Bud and Miller rubbish but the small microbrewery brands such as DogFish Head, Lagunitas, Smuttynose)
- late drinking (back to London closing times of 1.30pm is a shock to the system)
- concerts (in NYC I saw so many bands I like in really small venues for cheap prices)
- delivery (I could have ordered food from a different restaurant every night I was in NY and it would have been delivered to my door for free inside half an hour)
- 24 hour tube trains which never seem to break down (if NY can manage it why can't London?)

And there a few things I won't:
- the weather (5 months of the year is ridiculously hot and humid and 5 months of the year are ridiculously cold)
- the city is filthy (seriously, the whole place is just manky)
- it is a long way to get anywhere out of the city (in Greenwich I'm still close to the middle of London but it never feels like living in a city)

At the end of day the question I asked myself was: do I see myself wanting to live long term in NYC and it didn't take long to decide the answer was no. Do I see London as that place? That's a more difficult answer.

So there you go, a last few thoughts. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it.

"Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes" - Henry David Thoreau

3 comments:

Scottie said...

OK, I meant to record a few stats in this post but forgot so I'll add them in a commnet.

- in the time I tracked it (i.e. only missing about the first month) I have had just under 2,000 unique visitors to my site and 7,700 visits in total. These visits amounted to almost 11,200 page views.

- the days when I recieved the highest number of visitors is a tie between my Office View from NYC (30-Jan-08) and Two Nights in Goa (26-Feb-08)

- I've had visitors from 73 different countries (top three of UK, US and Japan)

NylaAlatorre0301 said...

成人光碟成人光成人偷拍美女成人贴图成人走光女成人麻將成人黃色小說成人黃色故事成人論壇成人85街成人online成人pchome成人photo成人sm成人偷拍sm聊天室show影音聊天室showlive影音聊天網msn視訊問題pchome視訊聊天pchome視訊聊天室pk視訊plus免費視訊qq色情聊天qq聊天室如何啟動qq聊天視訊qq視訊qq視訊聊天室rite視訊驅動程式s383視訊大奶妹打炮大奶媽大奶學生妹妹相簿大學正妹影片大學正妹照片大學正妹大學女生自拍照露點大學女生自拍照大學聊天室大學聊天大嫂性愛大奶人妻大奶波霸大奶正妹牆大奶正妹

九份 said...

Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.............................................